Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2 months- Charlotte!

So she is 2 months today!  Charlotte has been such a sweet baby.  I thought Trevor was a pretty manageable baby, but Charlotte has made him look difficult.  She loves to sleep and except for some "witching hours" which we hope we are growing out of, she only cries when she is hungry.  I always believed that only formula babies slept through the night, but Charlotte has already slept through the night a handful of times which has been amazing since her brother did not until 8 months. She loves her car seat, as in probably spends 20 out of 24 hours a day in it... yes, she is sleeping in it overnight, which I see as an improvement from her sleeping in bed with me for the first few weeks (oops).  Crazy how Trevor abhors his seat and Charlotte loves hers. 

Hmm, what else can I think to write down in case I ever happen to compare this stage of her life to a future baby... She has been on a 3 hour (3 ounces per) during the day eating schedule since her birth.  She is taking Zantac because she was continually spitting up and making choke/gag like sounds.  I have also tried to measure her feedings out more to make sure that she is not over eating which could have also lead to the increased spit up and choking.  Something is working, not sure which or both, but she has improved.  She started smiling consistently around 7 weeks.  As of 7 weeks, we started the bedtime routine of bath and last feeding around 7-7:30 before plopping her into her nice comfy bed (car seat), which has been working well.  She loves her sound machine and paci.  Charlotte has finally graduated from newborn clothes to 0-3 month, but is still wearing size N diapers.  I"m guessing she weighs somewhere around 9lbs.  She also has suffered from NO diaper rash which is a HUGE difference from Trevor even at that age. She has also managed to somehow escape the baby acne and overly dry scalp that Trevor had as well at that age.  I am really hopeful that her skin wont be as sensitive as his has been.    

Her 2 month appointment isn't until Monday and I can't wait to hear her stats and what the doctor thinks about her car seat habit.  Happy 2 mo birthday to Miss Charlotte!  We love you and thank you for putting up with your overly sweet, sometimes (all the time) in your face big brother, and tagging along with us wherever we go!

2 months today!


as compared to one month ago..


Mommy says I'm really filling out and becoming much happier 

In final news, although it is Charlotte's birthday, I got a birthday present... I found out that as of a new health care reform, every woman with insurance (regardless of type)  is entitled to a free breast pump as of January 1st.  I had one with Trevor, but it was old and very large.  I'm very excited about my new medela freestyle pump (size of an avocado) because we tend to be on the go occasionally.  Speaking of, Charlotte quite enjoyed her first visit to NYC.  Pictures to come sometime...







1 comment: