Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Charlotte- 6 Months!

I waited until after Charlotte's 6 month appointment so that I could have her weight and height and then I wanted to upload the real camera pics, but that never seems to happen. So here is a quick post with phone pics-

Weight- 14.14lbs (25%).
Height- 24 1/2 inches (however, the doctor thought this wasn't a very accurate measure because it is difficult to get them stretched out correctly on the table. If it is accurate, our little girl is in the very small percentile.)

Diaper/clothes size- Size 2. 3-6 month clothes and 6 month

Food- Still nursing every 3-4 hours mostly during the day. As of 5.5 months, Charlotte also enjoys some baby oatmeal mixed with fruits 2-3 times a day. Adding the solids really seemed to help satisfy her throughout the day. She really loves the oatmeal that tastes so incredibly bland to me.

Sleeping- one of her best qualities- Charlotte typically goes down without a fight around 7 and then before I go to sleep I wake her up for the "dream feed."
During this she hardly wakes up and then just goes right back into the bed and sleeps anywhere from 6:45-7:30am.

Charlotte is in one of my favorite phases. I remember when her big brother was like this and it's so much fun to always see a smile. She loves to smile at everyone, strangers and the camera included. She started sitting up on her own right before she turned 6 months, which was right on cue with Trevor. While I'm comparing the two, (I know you're not supposed too, but I think that's impossible) it has been really interesting to see some of the differences. Trevor was/is plagued by such awful, almost constant diaper rash and other dry skin issues, whereas Charlotte's skin has never had an issue. However, Charlotte is still dealing with bad reflux. Her spit up is still happening, but more troublesome is her constant coughing when she lies flat on her back. She sounds miserable and still spends some entire nights inclined on her nap nanny.

But, as you can probably see from the pictures below, Charlotte appears far from miserable throughout the day! Love my sweet little girl!















No comments:

Post a Comment