Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Peace

Ahhh, finally some peace and quiet around here:). Today is one of the first days, Trevor and Charlotte have both gone to sleep in their cribs for afternoon naps at the same time! Trevor's one nap a day is pretty set time wise, but little Charlotte tends to take numerous cat naps a few times a day in a few different places (car seat, ergo, swing, my arms). I haven't stressed naps in the crib so far because poor thing is constantly being waken up or on the move when she would like to be sleeping. I remember when I would completely rearrange my schedule if Trevor was asleep so that I wouldn't "disturb" him. Maybe that's why the second children are more flexible:).

But, we've been in a good rhythm here the last couple of weeks. Trevor is wide open all morning, but then is worn out after lunch and the majority of the afternoon is devoted to nap and chill time until Alec gets home. We fill most mornings with the gym, visiting grandparents, walks, parks, natural science center, and the children's museum. I typically save my errands for Charlotte and I to run the two mornings that Trevor goes to school.

We also visited Charlotte- Granny and Uncle Beau. Granny did a lot of babysitting for us while Alec and I had some alone time. We also went to the zoo and saw the dinosaur exhibit which Trevor loved! And speaking of Trevor, we have not started any speech therapy yet, but he is learning a lot of new words. I have been hearing on average a new word a day which is big time for him:).

Tomorrow is Charlotte's 6 month bday so she'll get a post devoted to her sweet, happy self very soon!



















No comments:

Post a Comment