Monday, April 8, 2013

Racing

Wow, 2 posts in one afternoon, both kids must be napping well. (But, still no Easter pics)

We had our half marathon this weekend. My major thought Saturday morning behind "why did I think this was a good idea?" was "thank goodness I didn't sign up for a full marathon at this point." These races always seem so manageable ahead of time and then creep up so quickly!  Luckily, I love love love my gym child care so I do get plenty of chances to get a workout in, however those workouts typically don't include the long runs that I should be doing to adequately prepare well. But, as a motivator to get back into shape after child birth, I convinced Alec to do the race along with myself and a friend (Kelly) and off we went.

My last half was when Trevor was 5 months old and now Charlotte is just shy of 5 months. While the race wasn't completely awful and I was happily surprised by my time, I do not plan on signing up for another half or full marathon anytime soon!!

My favorite part of the course besides the beautiful houses In Irving and Fisher Park, were our cheer leaders who actually clapped as we ran by.... Trevor with his pals, their mom ran with us too!



Little Charlotte stayed home with Poppi, although I wish we would have gotten a picture with her to compare her to Trevor in the below pic. 

 This was a picture was taken from our half marathon after Trevor was born.  I looked it up and had gotten 1.41 min in November of 2011.  This year I got 1.40 min.  You can see we apparently like blue running gear.

And the BEST part of marathons, (full or half) is the training the week before and after... NONE!  Time for a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment