Monday, March 18, 2013

No Paci Continues...

Hope I don't jinx myself, but we are now moving past 24 hours without a pacifier Trevor slept last night, today's nap, and has fallen asleep tonight without his beloved bow tie paci.

Ever since he started to chew through the actual silicone part about 2 weeks ago, I went ahead and cut the entire tip off with scissors. This definitely caused him to lose some interest in it, but he still wanted it whenever he was in the crib- naps and bedtime. But yesterday, the pacifier had been left at my parent's house so we put him down without it. I expected him to wake us in the middle of the night, but he didn't.

Just a month ago, I had dreaded the paci battle that my doctor recommended should take place around age 2. But knock on wood, this hasn't been too hard... Yet. Seems that the out of sight, out of mind concept is working for now.

Hopefully with his mouth more free, we can get some more words flowing!

And although it looks as if he may be growing out of this stage, he still wanted to remind us tonight that he can behave like an infant;) Here he is playing in Charlotte's car seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment